– Enabling the correct MIDI input driver for your controller/surface.
– Enabling the ACT MIDI Controller plug-in in the Controllers/Surfaces dialog.
– Loading the correct preset in the control panel of your hardware controller/surface.
– Opening the ACT MIDI Controller property page, selecting the name of your controller/surface in the Presets window, and enabling the Active Controller Technology Enable button.
– This step is optional if your controller/surface has a preset in the ACT MIDI Controller property page (not optional if your controller/ surface doesn’t have a preset): Mapping knobs and sliders on your controller/surface to cells in the ACT MIDI Controller property page.
– Optional: Mapping the cells in the ACT MIDI Controller property page to various parameters in your effect and synth plug-ins.
Watch the More Reasons to Love SONAR- ACT Part 1 & 2 tutorials
Use our Step by Step Guide to Configure ACT with your MIDI controller