Creating distance in a mix or sound design project often results in the use of a distance effect. This effect can make anything sound as if it’s 50 ft away, and is quite easy to setup.
1) Insert a pre fader send onto an audio track. Within just about every DAW and/or mixing board there is a setting on the Sends sections called “Pre”. Within SONAR this setting is enabled when the “Post” button on the send is deactivated.
2) In SONAR, I right-click on the Sends area in the console view and select “New Stereo Bus”.
3) Rename the bus “Distance Effect”. Now my audio is routed to this Bus. It’s often good practice to label your buses, or else mixes become confusing to work with.
4) Insert an instance of Reverb onto that bus. In this example I used BREVERB SONAR and called up a Plate preset.
5) Mute the audio track and hit play.
To read more about BREVERB SONAR check out Breverb: A 2013 Sound Design Odyssey on our Knowledge Base.
Try the BREVERB ProChannel Module for free – Download the SONAR X3 Producer Trial