A little over a month ago we featured Javier Colon on our blog the day before “The Voice” premiered. I don’t think anyone had a doubt that he would be anything less than stellar on the show, but I don’t think anyone realized the impact he would have on viewers around the world. If you have seen the show you know what I am talking about; Javier’s voice is undeniable, and combining that with his first-class demeanor and composure has authentically gained him millions of fans around the world. Since the premier, Javier has been on a whirlwind ride and we have been fortunate enough to keep in touch with him even though his schedule has changed… just a bit;) Continue reading Cakewalk Artist Javier Colon Making His Mark on “The Voice”
Tuesday, April 26 – New York, NY
If you are making music I think you will agree with me when I say for better or for worse “What an interesting time it is for the recorded music industry.” There are a few elements that really make it “interesting;”
- Music creators now have options such as SONAR X1 to create finished masters without having to pay for studios, therefore having the luxury of time to hone in on perfecting the art of making great recordings.
- It’s a fact that music consumption is at a record high, but at the same time the money (in dollars) flowing into the industry as a whole is at a record low.
- Major Labels are no longer developing artists.
- Labels have lost the revenue of the “full length” record due to the fact that consumers can purchase singles for next to nothing now and bypassing those “throwaway” tracks.
- One can click a mouse and literally “distribute” a song to thousands of people at once.
…add in a few money making American Idols along with the astronomical amount of money it takes to be heard on CHR radio, and there you have it; an industry that is really tough to figure out right now.
With all that being said, modern technology including the internet has brought one thing to the table for sure; “the truth.” If you’ve really got something going on and the talent to back it up, cyber-authenticity kicks into high gear and recognition follows. The internet has created an upward filtering platform where people gravitate towards the entertainment by which they really want to be engaged. Javier Colon is absolutely a pioneer of this revolution and is about as authentic and talented as they come, which has landed him an audition on the new highly anticipated NBC television show “The Voice” airing Tuesday, April 26th.